Last Modified: May 25, 2018
Lanai96763.com is a website managed by Lāna‘i Resorts, LLC doing business as Pulama Lāna‘i, a company that works to develop, advance, and nurture a sustainable community for the island of Lāna’i, and is based in Honolulu, Hawai‘i.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your information, please contact us.
Information We Collect
We collect three basic categories of information:
- Information you provide to us
- Information we collect automatically through our website
- Information we collect through third parties
Information you provide to us
There are parts of our website where we may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. For example, we may ask that you provide certain personal information (such as name, email and phone number) in order to submit a classifieds listing. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us.
Information we collect automatically through our website
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically using cookies. The information collected from cookies will be used to improve the functionality of the website and to measure traffic patterns.
Most web browsers allow you to remove or reject browser cookies through the settings on the browser or device.
Information we collect through third parties
We may receive information from third parties or partners, like Facebook for example.
Use of Personal Information
We use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To respond to comments or inquiries
- To process and verify event submissions
- To process and verify classifieds submissions
- To enhance our digital presences and your experience with them
- To create reports, analyses or similar materials for the purpose of research and business intelligence and be able to track potential problems, behavior and trends
- To send you newsletters and promotional notices and offers you have previously agreed to
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
We may share information about you with the following:
- Affiliates that are associated with Pulama Lāna‘i
- With third parties
- Agencies or business partners that provide services and functionality
- Service providers that perform services on Pulama Lāna‘i’s behalf
- Any legitimate law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency or court where disclosure is necessary
Retention of Information
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate or legal need to do so. Information we retain may include basic contact information you provide, like your name, email and phone number.
Managing Your Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. You may contact us at any time to access, correct, update or request deletion of your information. We will consider the request with applicable laws.
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you can object to processing of your personal information, request that we restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If you previously provided us with permission to use your information, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Those who have opted in to our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of our marketing messages.
You can also send us an opt-out request at any time by contacting us.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and nature of the personal information. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you may contact us.
Pulama Lāna‘i does not knowingly collect information from children under 18 years of age. We strongly recommend that parents or guardians instruct their children not to disclose any data when online. In the event we discover that we have collected data from a child, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data.
Questions and Concerns