Planning an event? Learn more about each location and get details about rentals, permits and recreational reservations.
808-559-0478 • Email
Dole Park is located in the heart of Lanai City, surrounded by shops and restaurants nearby. Signature Cook pines tower above the grassy lawn, which is perfect for picnics, keiki play dates and community events such as the Saturday Market, annual Pineapple Festival and Fifth Friday events.
Established in the 1920s, Dole Park was part of the plantation village built to house and serve those who worked in the pineapple fields. Though some of the businesses surrounding the park have changed over the years, Dole Park remains a community hub where people gather to enjoy events of all sizes.
To reserve Dole Park for an event, please email us your information or call us at 808-559-0478.
HULOPOE BEACH PARK
All beach park guests should practice social distancing and good hygiene protocols. Please note new rules:
- The beach park is open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m..
- Park facilities including parking and restrooms are avaialble during park hours only.
- No community or large gatherings are allowed. Gatherings are limited to 5 people or less.
- Face coverings must be worn while walking to and from the beach area and may only be removed once you are stationary and adequately separated from non-household members.
- Tents and beach umbrellas more than 6 feet across the canopy are prohibited.
- No use of grills and no cooking until further notice.
- Tables will be spaced to allow for social distancing; please do not move tables.
- No commercial activity.
- Access to the beach remains available through the beach park.
Lanai’s southern coast is home to Hulopoe Bay. Within walking distance from Manele Boat Harbor, the pristine shoreline and protected bay are great for snorkeling, swimming, sunbathing, camping and relaxing. Enjoy public use of the picnic tables, grills, restrooms and showers at Hulopoe Beach Park.
Camping at Hulopoe Beach Park
ALL camping at Hulopoe Beach Park will not be allowed until further notice.
LANAI COMMUNITY POOL
808-559-0478 • Email
Please note the new rules effective November 16, 2020.
Lanai Community Pool is the island's public pool facility located at Lanai Recreation Center. The heated, Olympic-sized swimming pool features lap swim and open swim, lifeguards, and extended hours during the summer.
To reserve Lanai Community Pool for a private event, please email us your information or call us at 808-559-0478.
Community Pool Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday
LANAI COMMUNITY FOOTBALL FIELD
808-559-0478 • Email
Located adjacent to Lanai High & Elementary School, Lanai Community Football Field was built in 2013 on the site of the island’s old soccer field. It is the home of the Pine Lads, Lanai’s eight-man high school football team. In 2014, the football field made history when it hosted the island’s first high school football game in more than 60 years.
To reserve Lanai Community Football Field for a private event, please email us your information or call us at 808-559-0478.
808-565-7511 • Email
Hale Keaka is closed until further notice.
The crown jewel of theater experiences in Hawaii, the historical and beautifully restored Hale Keaka screens movies from two 91-seat theaters, outfitted with state-of-the-art digital projection and sound systems.
Lanai’s only theater was commissioned in 1926 by James Dole to entertain the plantation workers and families that resided on the island. For more than 70 years, it served as a gathering place where the community enjoyed hundreds of films, live plays and musical performances.
The theater closed its doors in the 1990s and remained a landmark of Lanai’s history until 2015 when it was fully restored and reopened under the name Hale Keaka (house of pictures in Hawaiian).
A number of talented designers and contractors were brought together to reimagine the old theater while maintaining its original vintage appeal.
The exterior design — characterized by gable roofs, dormers and a grand arched entryway — leads to a modern interior outfitted with contemporary fixtures, natural stone and wood elements, and luxury features such as reclining leather seats. Local contractor Lanai Builders completed construction of the $4 million project in December 2015.
Mason Architects and Lanai-born architect Charlie Palumbo took home a 2016 AIA Honolulu Design Award in the category of commercial and industrial design for the restoration.
Don't forget to sign up for Lanai Movie Club - Premium! See unlimited movies for 180 days for $180. PLUS, enjoy a 20% discount on concession stand items! Please see box office for purchase.
HUNTING ON LANAI
Hunting policies have been recently updated. Click here for more information.
CGMA Doe Control Hunts
Updates effective November 16, 2020
- CGMA doe control hunts are open Thursday thru Sunday (except for state holidays). These continue to be open to Lanai residents only, but residents may now go 2 times per week. All other rules remain the same.
- Beginning February 1st, a limited number of reservations (Rifle and Shotgun) will be accepted for off-island hunters. Please review the Non-Lanai Resident Hunting Rules for more informaton.